Posted on February 10, 2022
About the Affordable Connectivity Program
The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more.
The benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward internet service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers if they contribute more than $10 and less than $50 toward the purchase price.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who Is Eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program?
A household is eligible if a member of the household meets one of the criteria below:
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines; or
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations;
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision schools;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
When Can I Sign Up for the Benefit?
Eligible households will be able to enroll in the program to receive a monthly discount off the cost of broadband service. Eligible households can enroll by visiting https://acpbenefit.org/.
- Only one monthly service discount and one device discount is allowed per household.
- ACP recipients can transfer their monthly benefit to a new participating service provider at any time. To move your benefit to a different provider, simply contact the new provider and ask that they transfer your benefit. You do not need to cancel the benefit, or your service, with your current provider before requesting the transfer.
- At termination of my eligibility or program, I understand that if I continue service, it will be at the current Rainbow service rate. I also understand that I may opt-out of the Affordable Connectivity Program at any time.
- Consumers may file a complaint against Rainbow Communications via the FCC Complaint Center.