Follow our step-by-step instructions below to learn how to install ViewLocal and get up and running!
To get started you will need:
- 15 Mbps or higher Rainbow Internet service
- A compatible Roku device (Roku 2 or newer)
- An active Roku account
Step 1: Install your Roku device
Plug in the device to the HDMI port on your TV and power up all the components (Roku remote control, Roku device, TV). Then connect to Internet. (We recommend using an Ethernet connection, but WiFi will work, too.) Roku will automatically update the software and reboot the system. Once it comes back online, follow the onscreen instructions to create a Roku account. (Roku will ask for payment information for adding services like Hulu and Netflix.)
*The Roku application for ViewLocal is called MyTV. While you are downloading an application that says, "Rainbow MyTV", you are receiving all the ViewLocal programming and features.
Step 2: Add & Activate ViewLocal
First, you will need to add the ViewLocal channel to your Roku device.
- Login to your online Roku account to find the online serial number
- Once logged in, click "Welcome Customer Name" in the top right corner
- Click "My Account" on the left side of the menu bar
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and write down the online serial number under "My linked devices
- Call Rainbow Communications at 800-892-0163 and add ViewLocal to your account
- Give Rainbow Communications the online serial number to your Roku
- Rainbow activates ViewLocal
- Customer activates ViewLocal
- Browse to https://my.roku.com/account/add
- Enter "RainbowMyTV" into the "Channel Access Code" box
- Click "Add Channel"
- Follow on screen instructions (requires a system update on Roku device)
- Watch ViewLocal! The app on your Roku will say, "Rainbow MyTV"
Step 3: Enjoy!
You now have access to your local broadcast channels through your Rainbow High Speed Internet connection!